Bulding a small website

 
HOW TO BUILD A PROFITABLE NICHE SITE

If you were like me, when I first started, struggling month after month trying to "make it" online, then this may be the most important article you read in your life...

I remember that feeling of frustration and anger when I read about all those other people who had succeeded online. What really made me hopping mad is that they had started after me. I was still making zilch and they were financially independent!

I said to myself: "What do they know that I don't know?" If you're in the same position that I was, then you're probably feeling the same way! Well, grab a cup of coffee and read this letter. It's all about to make sense.


Now you must be thinking how does this make good money? Well, if you are lucky and do your research well, $10-$20 a day or more is enough to consider it a success. Once you have done this you can move on to your next niche content website. Over a period of a year if you set yourself a goal to create one of these content websites per week at the end of 12 months you would have 52 niche content sites. If they all make an average of $15per day that's $780 per day total, around $285480 USD per year. Best of all the websites require no maintenance, it's all about picking an untapped niche and filling it with content.

How To Make This Work For You

Before you run off trying to pull this off remember that in order for it to be successful you need to be confident you can successfully generate good search engine traffic to the niches you select. The recursive income only comes when you have search visitors clicking your ads. By the way, random search visitors are usually better ad clickers than loyal readers and that's one of the reasons why this technique can work. Randoms come to your site once, read your content, click an ad and probably leave never to return again. Loyal readers come back for new content and often screen out the ads. It's not in your interest to establish a repeat audience using niche sites. You don't want the responsibility of adding new content since chances are finding content about a niche you don't necessarily have much interest in can be tough. In this case it's just search traffic you care about, forgot about being sticky.

Step One: look for A Niche

First you need to find niches where there is some traffic. You should use the usual tools, such as the overture inventory keyword data miner, to conduct research on how many searches are done for certain key phrases (look for sites with at least 1000 searches per month). Don't aim for keywords and topics that are highly competitive, look for low competition with *some* traffic. Take for example Jonathan Wold's Sump Pumps Information niche. How random is that! Do you even know what a Sump Pump is? I don't, but he suspects enough people are searching for sump pump information online and he only needs a handful of them to click his ads per day.

The key is to find topics that people search for and advertisers use Pay-Per-Click marketing and other online advertising methods to sell to these people. Your niche content site helps to bring these two groups together and you take your middle man fee, with the help of the search engines for traffic and advertising programs for a monetization system.

Always be certain there are monetization possibilities before starting a niche content site otherwise you will be wasting your time. Look for AdWord campaigns by doing Google searches for the niche you are considering - if you see several ads down the right column that target the niche then you know advertisers are paying to reach these markets. To be really thorough, log into AdWords and set some test campaigns up and see what the bid prices are for your keyword research subjects. If the prices are reasonable then there probably is some competition for those keyphrases from advertisers running AdWord campaigns.

Step Two: Scan For Competition

Once you find a few niches you think have potential search those key phrases and see what results show up. If the natural search result sites that turn up are badly optimized (look for low Page Rank, poor title key phrases and heading tag key phrases) and you are confident that a site with well optimized content would quickly jump to the top of the rankings and by quickly I mean about 3-6 months (remember the Google Sandbox is going to impact how quickly you get high rankings) then you might have your first candidate for a niche content site.

Step Three: Build A Site

I suggest you go with WordPress to manage your niche content site. WordPress is blog content management software that runs off a PHP/MySQL backend (this blog uses it). It's very easy to set up, handles most of the search engine optimization for you and all you need to do is pump in the content and off you go. There are some occasions where a plain static HTML site may be more appropriate, for example when you only need a micro site of a handful of pages and it would be quicker to just set up the few pages using a HTML template design, but I'll leave that up to you (read Bo's Marketing-Syndrome post on WordPress vs Static HTML? for more discussion on this topic).

How To Find Content

At first thought this would probably be the hardest part of using the niche content site technique - how do you come up with content for a niche site that very likely you have next to no interest in or experience with? Now if you are not the writing type and can't waffle on and bang out a few key pages of content yourself by utilizing what's already available online, then you may want to try these options:
  • Use articles from public article repository sites such as Ezine Articles and GoArticles
    . Writers contribute articles to these sites that you can republish on your site as long as you keep the author's byline intact. The downside of this is that other people also can do the same and your article won't be original. However if your niche is small enough there won't be that many other people out there discussing the topic (in fact you are banking on it) so if you are lucky enough to find some on-topic articles in repository sites, make use of them.
  • Another popular method is to republish Wikipedia content. Wikipedia is an online encyclopaedia contributed to by anyone and if you have ever used the site you know that it has entries on virtually any topic you can think of. Chances are your obscure niche content site topic will have some entries in the Wiki and under the GNU Free Documentation License you can republish the content on your site.
  • Freelance writers all over the web are eager to take your money in exchange for their writing skills. Elance is the largest freelancer hub online and listing your article writing project there will flood you with responses. Most writers are pretty adept at producing content on almost any topic, even if they just regurgitate someone else's writings in a new way. A few thousand words shouldn't cost you too much money. If possible try and establish a long term relationship with a good writer if you plan on needing their services again.
  • There are special article subscription services that give members the rights to make use of articles, some even promise a certain amount of new articles on a range of different niches will be provided on a regular basis so as to keep members subscribed. The idea here is that you get access to an article pool that only other members are granted access to. This is deliberately done so the articles are only utilized by a handful of people and often membership sites will cap their numbers at a few hundred. Members can do what they want with their articles knowing that at worst only a few hundred other sites are using the same materials.
    Personally I have never subscribed to an article site and I've read various reports, some good, some bad, about article membership services. I'm skeptical about the concept and I don't like the idea that you have to either choose a niche that directly matches the articles available or try and modify articles to match your niche. I also have no idea where article membership sites source their articles but I have a feeling it would be a room full of trained monkeys writing the new articles each month (or ahh, freelance writers of course, and let's not talk about cheap Indian labor). Given that most members subscribing to the articles will be chasing the same niches this seems like a formula to guarantee you will have at least a few hundred people competing in your niche - not much of an opportunity then is it!

The Importance Of Keyword Click Through Prices

For most niche content sites AdSense and/or Chitika will be the main monetization strategy. These programs pay on a per click basis and click through prices are calculated based on advertiser demand. The golden mix is to find a niche with few well established content sites but a lot of advertisers competing to find customers. This means click through prices will be high but the market is not likely to stay untapped for long and likely a bunch of competing content sites will pop up. In fact you may never find this combination.
A more likely scenario is a niche where there are high click prices because of lots of advertisers and a few well established content sites or moderate to low keyword prices but almost no competition. How you can succeed in these situations is to be better at search engine optimization than any of the other sites. If your site pulls more traffic you get more clicks.
The situation you want to avoid is a niche with few advertisers so low click through prices. No matter how much traffic you get and much you dominate a niche, if there are no advertisers paying to use Google AdWords you won't get any AdSense income or it will be 10 cents a day from the one advertiser with no competition. Bear in mind however that there are general advertisements, for example Chitika can show cameras, computers and other electronic products that may appeal to a general audience and produce enough click throughs to make it worthwhile. This is a risky venture though since your niche is not relevant to your monetization method, the amount of income you earn will like be very random and inconsistent.
  
Hope this will help you.


80 comments:

  1. Good content thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am entirely agreed with this article, and I just want say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!!Thanks. BTC Pool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... antminer setup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. fight traffic ticket

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... ethereum chile

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. ethereum generator

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m happy I located this blog! From time to time, students want to cognitive the keys of productive literary essays composing. Your first-class knowledge about this good post can become a proper basis for such people. nice one Visayas

    ReplyDelete
  8. You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! color changing mugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Table Decorations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your article has piqued a lot of positive interest. I can see why since you have done such a good job of making it interesting. comprar criptomoeda bitcoin

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. comprar bitcoin argentina

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. call center outsourcing

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel really happy to have seen your webpage and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details. coordinates to address

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for ding the impressive job here, everyone will surely like your post. international process servers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you interested in the service of a hacker to get into a phone, facebook account, snapchat, Instagram, yahoo, Whatsapp, get verified on any social network account, increase your followers by any amount, bank wire and bank transfer. Contact him on= ETHICALHACKERS009@GMAIL.COM

    OR WHATSAPP +1 213 295 1376

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts. anime clothing line

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this interesting and knowledgeable article. poker sering jackpot

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. depresión económica

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. Convincing IT solutions

    ReplyDelete
  20. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. 도메인 등록 절차

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. 辦門號換現金

    ReplyDelete
  22. If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished! I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. Thank you. Bitcoin to PayPal

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Bitcoin mining for free

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks bitcoin miner for sale

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. forum

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi buddies, it is great written piece entirely defined, continue the good work constantly. Back Pain Relief

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have done a amazing job with you website Modeling Portfolio

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. etiquette de voyage

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. best catering services

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have express a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorite’s blog site list and will be checking back soon… parfum pas cher

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful paragraph at at this place cbd sweden

    ReplyDelete
  32. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content. elder care

    ReplyDelete
  33. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read !! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. live22

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have express a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorite’s blog site list and will be checking back soon… CNG Cylinder Testing in Greater Noida

    ReplyDelete
  35. Three are usually cheap Ralph Lauren available for sale each and every time you wish to buy. motovlogging

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is an awesome motivating article.I am practically satisfied with your great work.You put truly extremely supportive data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Hoping to perusing your next post lanterns floating

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. fishing

    ReplyDelete
  38. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read !! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. uggs

    ReplyDelete
  39. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! Beekeeping supplies uk

    ReplyDelete
  40. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. medial coding

    ReplyDelete
  41. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. ECOMMERCE WEBSITES

    ReplyDelete
  42. Very informative post ! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign ! Resume Writer Charlotte NC

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very awesome!!! When I seek for this I found this website at the top of all blogs in search engine. Wedding (+photographer, if needed)

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post. Cracked Softwares

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. friends in low places lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  46. With so many books and articles coming up to give gateway to make-money-online field and confusing reader even more on the actual way of earning money, research chemicals shop

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is an awesome motivating article.I am practically satisfied with your great work.You put truly extremely supportive data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Hoping to perusing your next post Sleep therapy

    ReplyDelete
  48. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! leads

    ReplyDelete
  49. I don t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it and also add your RSS feeds. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site. Football Mystery Shirt Box

    ReplyDelete
  50. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics, i will be always checking your blog thanks. Steel art

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! Oxford wasp nest removal

    ReplyDelete
  52. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. Soomaaliya

    ReplyDelete
  53. A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one. drone sous marin

    ReplyDelete
  54. I feel really happy to have seen your webpage and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details. women's clothing

    ReplyDelete
  55. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! Wedding Event Design Orlando Florida

    ReplyDelete
  56. Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Acheter des avis positifs Google

    ReplyDelete
  57. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! dropshipping reddit

    ReplyDelete
  58. I was taking a gander at some of your posts on this site and I consider this site is truly informational! Keep setting up.. How to make money online for beginner

    ReplyDelete
  59. Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing. lost boy lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  60. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! jab koi baat bigad jaye lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  61. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts two phones lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  62. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content. Recycle plastic pallet Johor Bahru

    ReplyDelete
  63. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. token airdrop

    ReplyDelete
  64. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. compliance

    ReplyDelete
  65. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! tights and leggings

    ReplyDelete
  66. You re in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading speed is amazing. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a fantastic activity on this subject! live cricket streaming

    ReplyDelete
  67. I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site wild hemp Hempettes

    ReplyDelete
  68. I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic... Affordable Local SEO Services

    ReplyDelete
  69. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. INJURIES & PAIN TREATMENT

    ReplyDelete
  70. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. ผลบอลสด7M

    ReplyDelete
  71. You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! Website Redesign

    ReplyDelete
  72. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics, i will be always checking your blog thanks. Home and Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  73. I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site Best Residential Roofers Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  74. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that... Health Insurance for Startups

    ReplyDelete
  75. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. property protection insurance

    ReplyDelete
  76. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject? auto insurance specialists

    ReplyDelete
  77. Great survey. I'm sure you're getting a great response. thai stick

    ReplyDelete
  78. I will really appreciate the writer's choice for choosing this excellent article appropriate to my matter.Here is deep description about the article matter which helped me more. Best real estate agent near me

    ReplyDelete
  79. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job ! oxford car insurance

    ReplyDelete
  80. I need to to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to check out new things you post… Fashion

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Bulding a small website

  HOW TO BUILD A PROFITABLE NICHE SITE If you were like me, when I first started, struggling month after month trying t...

Popular Posts